Digital marketing is a new tool for marketing, which is proven to be beneficial for every size and kind of business.
It is an umbrella term and includes dimensions like Search Engine Optimization, Content Marketing, Pay per click and others.
Search Engine Optimization is highly useful for any business as it increases organic traffic for the business’s website.
Search Engine Optimization is a technique by which you can make the website of your business appear on the top in case of relevant search queries. There are some rules as well as discipline to be followed in SEO to achieve the desired target as well as to prevent the website from any penalization by the search engine i.e. Google.
Due to its increasing importance, there are many institutes, which provide training in SEO course and build professionals across industries, for example, MCTA which offers training in Mumbai and Pune.
If you are planning to get a website for your new or existing business and implement productive SEO techniques, following these 7 steps can be answers to all your questions:
1. Domain name :
Choose a domain name that meets all these parameters:
- Easy to spell
It is suggested to include keywords in your domain name. You can also choose to buy a pre-owned domain name.
2. Find the right keywords :
Do a proper keyword research using trusted tools, for example, the Google Keyword Planner based on:
- Does your website promote business or provides information
- The subject matter of your website
- Make sure to decide keywords on the basis of their popularity and also ensure that they answer various questions of the prospective visitors or users.
3. Create content :
- Your content should be unique in terms of information or perspective, to make it engaging.
- Include images, videos, reports, etc. in the content
- Along with web pages, include content on the blog.
- Use enticing titles
- Use different phrases of keywords so as to answer all the possible questions
- Update content on regular basis
- The length of the content should be proper
4. Optimize your code :
- Use descriptive URLs
- Use canonical tags
- Use unique title and meta description for every page
- Use appropriate headings
- Interlink among relevant pages of your website
- Avoid over-linking
- Check for broken links.
5. Track performance :
- Once you have done SEO for your website, track its performance on a regular basis by finding the number of visitors on the website, time spent by them over there and the number of conversions with the help of Google Analytics tool.
- You can use webmaster tools from Google and Bing to conduct deep research and check if there are any corrections required for your website.
- If you have a website on WordPress, install an SEO plugin.
6. Link building :
With effective link building strategy, you can earn more visitors for your website.
- Create a content, which can seem useful to others who can use your website as backlinks for their website.
- Make sure to have backlinks to the websites, which offer meaningful content to the readers.
7. Post-launch :
- Your website should be user-friendly in terms of navigation pattern, content, and language.
- It should be easy to navigate for buying your product, contacting you, providing feedback, etc.
- The loading speed of your site should not be low.
- The most important factor in today’s time is checking the user-friendly aspect of your website on devices such as mobiles and tablets as maximum people use mobile phones to access various websites.