Data Science is the study of data and information important to the business and all the data which are relevant for a business. It is a science that studies information, its process of capturing, transformation, generation and data analysis. Data science involves several disciplines such as:
- Business Knowledge
Who is a Data scientist ?
The data scientist is a multidisciplinary professional, responsible for carrying out the processes mentioned in the topic of Data Science above. That is, he/she is responsible for transforming data into information or information products within an organization..
In addition, he/she must also be responsible for formulating problems, choosing simulation and statistical models and delivering data products.
Well, now that we understand a little bit about Data Science / Data Science and Data Scientist / Data Scientist , lets try to understand the difference between:
DATA SCIENTIST Vs BUSINESS ANALYST Vs DATA ANALYST
Participates in formulating the problem, solving hypotheses and analyzing results.
Analyzes the data generated in relation to the evaluated business or company.
Analyzes the data made available in search of a solution to the problems faced by the organization.
Which brings us to the next topic. Big data. So what exactly is Big data ?
What is Big Data ?
Big Data in information technology, refers to a large set of stored data.
Big data is a term widely used today to name very large or complex data sets that traditional data processing applications cannot handle. To work with Big Data, one must understand the challenges of working in the area, which include: Analysis, Capture, Data Curation, Research, Sharing, Storage, Transfer, Views and information about data privacy.
How can you work with big data ?
To work with Big Data, it is believed that the best path is:
- Know the tools used
- Having a mixed profile: technical and business
- Know Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing
- Understand the company’s processes
- know statistics and mathematics.
We can divide the classification of professionals who work with Big Data into three profiles:
- Responsible for meeting the demands of the company’s business or planning areas
- Participates in the formulation of problems and responses
- Level closest to the business
- You must know the tools for consultation and access to data
- You should know statistics.
- Responsible for developing the necessary processes for data generation
- Data Capture, Transformation and Loading Processes
- Must technically know the tools involved
- Must know about programming
- Will be responsible for the development of new routines and processes.
- Responsible for keeping the environments and tools working in the best way;
- Should know about the operating systems used, mainly Linux;
- Should know about hardware and network architecture to ensure the best performance;
- Should know about the processes of the tools.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW TO WORK WITH BIG DATA?
Below you can check important technical points to work with Big Data.
- Programming – the tools are still little automated in the generation of code;
- Linux Operating System – Several software runs on Linux. It is necessary to know basic commands for executing processes;
- Data Modeling
- Know about the business or the company’s processes;
- Know or have minimal notions of statistics and mathematics applied to data.
If you would like to make a career in Data science, you can find more information about our courses from the links below.