How can you learn SEO for free in 2020 from scratch ? Learning SEO from scratch is complicated, it is a world full of questions and unknowns. Some SEO Professionals believe that it is a challenge, while others simply stay on the sidelines for fear of failing. However, if you decide to carry out any type of online marketing techniques , having basic SEO knowledge will help you have more successful strategies and campaigns.
SEO has changed a lot during the past several years, and there have been multiple updates from Google such as Penguin, Panda, and with Thunderbird.
First lets learn what is On page SEO and Off page SEO.
On-page SEO is what you do on your own website, therefore you have to make sure that you have optimized your site so that Google can clearly read and comprehend your content. These are the On-page factors that you should take care of:
- The web Architecture: it is the hierarchy of information on a web page, that is, how the content is organized and distributed. You should make it easy for the “google spider” to crawl your website.
- The Content: you must create original and quality content, optimize the keywords (the words with which you want to position yourself), and try to avoid duplicate content, pages and URLs, because they can penalize you and therefore lower positions in the seeker.
Off-page SEO is what others say about you, that is, it is the part that focuses on external factors. Factors to take care of Off-page:
- Trust: the authority and engagement of your brand and the performance you have.
- Links and anchor text : that the number of links that lead to your website are of quality and that they come from websites semantically related to the linked content and, if possible, with greater authority than yours.
- Personal and Social: have a presence in the networks and mentions in the media.
What are the different ways in which you can learn SEO ? You can learn SEO for free as well as opt for paid methods. Lets look at some of the best ways to learn SEO.
Take a good SEO Course
This could be paid or free. Both have their pros and cons. You can find several free SEO courses on websites such as Youtube. You can learn the basics of SEO from free videos on Youtube. You can also learn about various topics from SEO blogs.
You could also opt for paid courses on websites such as Udemy and Skillshare. There are several online marketing schools that conduct both online as well as offline SEO courses. If you want to learn SEO in Navi Mumbai, you can click on the below link.
Practice SEO on your own website
Anyone who wants to learn SEO is to practice, because without it, you won’t learn the practical aspects of SEO , that is, the day-to-day experience of organic search marketing.
You can do this by creating a website or blog for yourself, using the WordPress platform, arguably the best system to work with SEO techniques, due to the variety of resources that the platform offers.
It is with this practice and the observation of the results that you will improve what you have learned in a course and in specialized reading.
Create your articles and follow their evolution in terms of search engine positioning. This will make you feel what real SEO work is like.
Follow the reference sites
Follow reference websites and industry blogs. SEO techniques are constantly evolving, pressured by changes in Google’s algorithm, and therefore, you need to keep up to date with the latest trends in this field.
The best way to keep up with what is changing and also what will change is to follow the reference websites on the subject. Some of the best websites you can follow are as follows.
As learning SEO is a constant job, on these sites you will periodically see new approaches and even new techniques that will always keep you updated, reinforcing your professional training.