Link Building Strategy for SEO. What is the best link building strategy for SEO. How to gain good quality inbound links to increase rankings ?
Getting inbound links is not an easy task, which is why you should seek the highest quality through a well-planned link building strategy. This is what we are going to talk about today; why create it, how to do it and the steps you should take.
In order to plan your own strategy well, and thus start to get links to your website, it is important that you understand all those basic concepts that have to do with link building.
Getting inbound links to your website is not an easy task, especially when you are starting out or do not have the support of an SEO consultant. If, in addition, you want these links to be of quality and add real value to your positioning, this task is even more complicated.
In order to correctly establish your next strategy, there are some aspects that you must take into account and that you will have to define in the planning phase:
- Number of inbound links : It is necessary to know how many inbound links you have now, how many are you looking for for each content, etc.
- Quality of inbound links : Like all actions that have to do with positioning, Google wants you to prioritize quality over quantity. The relevance of the content of the backlink, the interest it may arouse in the readers and your own authority are important.
- Thematic of the inbound links : In relation to the previous point, the closer the theme of that website is to your own theme, the more powerful the link will be.
- Number of outbound links that exists on the page that links us : The ideal is to look for those sites with few outbound links, which analyze well with whom they establish these relationships.
- Anchor-text of the incoming links : Finally, you should not forget the “anchor-text” or “anchor text” that links to your site. This is the text in which the link is placed, and it must be related to the content of the destination page (and possibly with the keyword).
Before you start planning changes and new actions, you always have to stop and do a self-analysis. You need to know what your domain authority is, and what are your most powerful pages.
This will give you quality information to be able to negotiate with the other websites. Your authority is not a fixed value, but fluctuates from time to time, so you must re-analyze this data from time to time.
Use tools to know your inbound links and measure them to know what authority they have and how much they transfer to you (if they do). They may not all interest you, and you will also know what real needs you have.
Once you know everything about your own site, it is time to analyze what the competition is doing in their SEO positioning strategies.
Analyze what authority your competition has and, within your possibilities, what inbound links they have. Don’t forget to pay attention to their anchor-texts! That will give you information about the keywords they are working on.
Everything is ready. From now on, you should focus on getting those links that interest you. To do this, you can use tools like the ones we are going to see below, or your own networking network to get good relationships with other websites.
Tools for Link building
You can use some of the tools given below for your link building activities.
- MozBar : This tool, which you can install in your Chrome extensions, allows you to know the DA and PA of any website.
- AdWords Keyword Planner: Essential to analyze the keywords and determine the anchor text of your link strategy.
- SEMrush : It allows you to analyze your inbound links and the situation of your competition. It is a powerful tool that will give you a lot of quality information to better define your strategy.
- Ahrefs : Another perfect tool to monitor and measure what happens in the SEO positioning strategy of different websites.
- Screaming Frog : It requires advanced SEO knowledge, but its results are well worth it. It will help you to analyze in depth all the information on any website.
With all these tools, it will be much easier for you to start planning, getting and measuring inbound links to your website.