The word interview makes most people nervous about what is going to happen. Especially if you are an amateur, this might be a frightening experience for you. Don’t worry; your skills matter the most to the organization, so take a deep breath and ace it. If you are going for an interview for a digital marketing job, then there are a few things you should make yourself familiar with and many things you should avoid when you are in the interview.
If you enroll with a good Digital marketing institute, then you’ll be entitled to get placement assistance, and it’s your institute’s responsibility to help you brush up on your skills and prepare you for the interviews; however, it’s better that you know some do’s and don’ts of the interview.
DO’s and DON’Ts of the Digital Marketing Interview
- Get to know about the company
- Digital marketing agencies look for candidates who are passionate and self-motivated. Growth is what matters at the end of the day, so the first step towards growth is knowing about the company’s standards and its goals.
- Research well about the agency. This will help you in creating an impact on the company.
- Digital Marketing Plan
- Once we are about the company and its services, we can create a layout of the digital marketing plan. A clear strategy reduces waste and adds skills. It will help you identify what makes your business unique and how to get your message to reach out to the audience.
- Presenting your strong CV
- CV is your portfolio, which includes every minor detail. Make sure you mention your professional summary along with your educational skills. State the facts and strengths but don’t hide your weakness. You must also put your technical skills and the other popular tools, products, or applications you’re proficient with. It’s wise to mention the companies and projects you have worked for.
- Technical skills
- Before giving an interview, you should know the technicalities of digital marketing. You should know the methods for driving traffic toward the website. You must have enough understanding of PPC, SEO, etc.
- Citing Example
- Impressing your hiring manager is not easy. One of the best ways to differentiate yourself is by providing tangible evidence of your skills. Telling stories makes for a good interview. Examples include how you solved a problem, showed initiative, and increased productivity.
- Mentioning irrelevant experience
You should well research not about the company only but also the role that you are applying for. For example: If you are applying for the role of SEO executive, you must mention the experiences relevant to SEO in your CV and during interviews.
- Asking for illogical hikes:
One thing you should avoid doing is asking for a salary that’s against industry standards for that specific role. You can usually expect a 10-30% hike on your last CTC, depending on your skills and experience.
Now, after reading this, you must be wondering how can you apply for Digital Marketing Jobs and if it is the right career for you or not. Here at MCTA, we carefully examine your skills and help you get the perfect job for you. More than 50k jobs are available in digital marketing, and this profession is evolving and experiencing rapid growth. Therefore, we also suggest you do some short-term courses to enhance your skills from the job perspective.
How MCTA prepares you for the placement opportunities
MCTA digital marketing institute prepares you for Digital Marketing Jobs and provides 100% assistance with placements. After completing the offered courses in digital marketing, the students apply for jobs with the help of the MCTA portal. The placement manager keeps track of the selection process and takes mock interviews for the best result. When the main interview is done, the placement manager takes the feedback. Once the student is selected, the manager negotiates on behalf of the student to help them get the best salary in the industry. At last, an offer letter is released by the company that will be shared with the student.
MCTA gives you wonderful opportunities to excel in your career. And assists at every stage of placement to ensure you land your perfect job. Below is the link which will give you information on our placement process.